A bright and beautiful salsa recipe that goes tomato-less for a fun twist. Light and refreshing, it’s best served with tortilla chips and good vibes.
- 2 mangoes, sliced
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, minced
- 1/4 cup mint, minced
- 1/4 red pepper, minced
- 1 jalapeno, minced (optional)
- 1/4 red onion, minced
- 4 limes, juiced
- 1/4 cup olive oil, separated
- kosher salt, to taste
- tortilla chips, for serving
- Preheat or grill pan on high heat until very hot and oil the grates. Using 2 tablespoons of olive oil, brush both sides of the mango slices to coat, and press onto the hot grates.
- Grill about 6 minutes, flipping halfway, until nice dark grill marks appear. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Combine the avocados, cilantro, mint, red pepper, jalapeno (if using), red onion, lime juice, and remaining olive oil in a large bowl. When the mango is cool, dice and toss into the mixture.
- Add the lime juice, remaining olive oil and salt to taste. Mix to combine.
- Adjust with more lime juice, olive oil and salt, as needed.
Make this recipe a day ahead and refrigerate over night to help the flavors meld. Serve cold or room temperature with crunchy tortilla chips
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: Mexican-American
Keywords: vegan, vegetarian, summer bbq, summer recipe, salsa recipe, mango, avocado, mexican, easy summer appetizer, appetizer