Sticky and decadent, these brownies are the perfect bite of summer fun. Ultra simple and great for kids.
For the Graham Cracker Crust:
- 10 graham crackers crushed finely
- 4 tablespoon melted butter
For the Brownie Batter:
- 1 stick butter
- 10 ounce semi sweet chocolate
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ½ cup mini marshmallows to top the brownies.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Spray and line an 8″X8″ baking dish with parchment paper.
- Mix graham crackers and butter in a bowl, then press in at the bottom of the baking dish using a measuring cup or your hands. Place the baking dish in the freezer for 10 minutes to let it set while you make the batter.
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a microwave safe bowl for 1 minute and 30 seconds. Alternatively, melt over a bain marie set up on the stove top. Stir every 15 seconds to avoid burning.
- Whisk the sugar into the chocolate mixture, mix until well combined. Whisk in the eggs with the vanilla extract. Make sure to whisk extremely well to get a completely smooth batter with no lumps.
- Stir in flour and cinnamon, mix slowly until fully combined.
- Pour the brownie batter on top of the crust and bake in the oven for 30 – 35 minutes until toothpick inserted in the brownie comes out with a few crumbs.
- Take the brownies out of the oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Turn the broiler on. Top the brownies with marshmallows and place the dish in the oven until the marshmallows are perfectly toasted (about 2 to 4 minutes). Rotate the pan as they toast for even browning.
- Let it cool a bit and then cut into desired pieces.
When lining the pan, make sure to leave some parchment sticking out along the sides to grab to pull the brownies out when cool. Otherwise it will be quite a mess trying to release them from the pan!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: brownies, brownie recipe, chocolate recipe, summer desserts, chocolate dessert recipe, decadent desserts, smores brownies, summer chocolate dessert